Upstra (https://www.amity.co/upstra) is one of Amity’s core solutions - a powerful application development platform for fueling the social experiences that every app needs. Thanks to Upstra pre-build modules, businesses can effortlessly add messaging and social features to existing apps to skyrocketed their customer engagement and retention rate. With Upstra, we bring the power of social to any app within hours!
As Business Development Director, you will play a key role in driving the growth of Upstra in Europe and worldwide. You will lead revenue generation and business development effort, play a key role in business innovation and strategy, and build and lead a team of BD professionals. We are looking for natural A-players with unyielding determination to lead our mission as we expand.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Formulate and execute clear regional sales and partnerships strategies to accelerate Upstra penetration in our target regions and markets and lead the business development team (starting from one direct report at the beginning).
- Build and maintain a pipeline of prospective clients and partners with a scalable approach and design tailored engagement strategies to close deals.
- Develop and nurture long term relationships with clients, helping them to address their needs and challenges and being the key point of contact for all commercial matters.
- Participate internally on cross-functional teams to define partners, product requirements, negotiation strategies, integration plans and to-to-market launch programs.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and key prospects, proactively identify new revenue generation opportunities and launch new data-driven initiatives to improve commercial and operational efficiency.
- Work with the senior leadership team to define the product roadmap and identify new growth and revenue generation opportunities that directly impact the P&L of the business.
- 5+ years of business development, strategy and/or sales experience, preferably in a tech company, fast-growing startup or a top-tier consulting firm.
- Ability to evangelize new products and technologies and positively influence highly technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Sense of urgency with dispositions to execute and proven success in executing high impact deals that delivered across key business metrics.
- Ability to problem-solve and to initiate and drive projects and articulating objectives with minimal guidance.
- Natural curiosity and superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter, who works effectively in a fast paced environment and is comfortable owning responsibility and managing ambiguity.
- Direct experience managing product integrations, strategic partnerships, or digital solutions is a plus.